We’re hiring at our location in Cairo
Global IT Service Desk Supervisor
Responsible for managing the Global IT Service Desk Operations and assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis.
- Perform staff scheduling to ensure Service Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required;
- Manage the Service Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities;
- Provide staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to the Service Desk Team deliverables;
- Monitor problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems;
- Invoke problem escalation procedures to coordinate recover;
- Isolate problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found;
- Ensure that weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department;
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues;
- Ensure that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Service Desk are continually carried through
- Coordinate training requirements of Service Desk personnel and knowledge transfer;
- Carry out New Hire Orientation and interview process;
- Liaise with client, vendor and internal team regarding a project, initiatives and issues
- Participate in internal and external audit and certification;
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s);
- Solve problems and make decisions daily relative to Service Desk responsibilities.
- Ensures that effective Service Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions;
- Performed other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Management of IT
- College/Associates Degree in Information Technology or bachelor’s degree in related field
Technical Skills: (knowledge, experiences, IT tools/software, languages)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a technical support environment or similar role and 3 years supervisory role
- Must be qualified for the Level III Service Desk (Please refer to SD JD)
- Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service with proven track record in achieving customer satisfaction and end-user satisfaction
- Excellent and effective communication and presentation skills - written, verbal and telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills, facilitating the efficient and effective identification of problems and application of appropriate solutions.
- Ability to comprehend and resolve the problems experienced by staff using software application programs
- Excellent Communication in English or French or German and Spanish (depending on the site requirement)
- Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude
- Good planning, organizing, problem solving and time-management skills
- Willingness and ability to respond to call-outs in the evening, nights, and on weekends.
- Willingness and ability to be available for occasional emergency work or projects that might require coming in early, staying late or working on weekends.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability and willingness to maintain the absolute confidentiality of all sensitive files and materials accessed, discussed or observed while in the performance of duties
A big team is looking forward to you. Apply here!
Majorel Egypt | Human Resources | Lamiaa Nehru
You are looking for another location or want to learn more about Majorel?
Visit us on majorel.com/career-de.